Omnis Counseling is excited to offer phone and video counseling, also called Telecounseling. This option is great option for individuals and couples who find it difficult to find therapists close to home, or who have very busy schedules. This mode of conducting therapy is ideal for relationship issues, work or career concerns, life transitions, sleep problems, or mild to moderate anxiety.
Some insurance companies pay for telehealth behavioral services. Please check with your individual health insurance plan to find out what is covered.
Here are the benefits of telehealth:
- Convenient - sessions can be held in the privacy and comfort of your own home or office
- Cost effective - no gas money or tolls spent driving to and from a brick and mortar office, and no wear & tear on your car
- Time saver - no time spent driving or getting stuck in traffic
- Flexible - more availability for sessions early or later in the day and on weekends
- Platform used by therapists is HIPAA- compliant and secure
- Sessions can be 30, 45, or 60 minutes in duration
- Client must be an Illinois resident (therapists are currently licensed only in IL)
- Client must be physically located in Illinois during video sessions
- Reliable internet connection with mic and camera enabled
- Private surroundings to maintain confidentiality
- Quiet environment to minimize disruptions and distractions
- Sessions cannot be conducted while driving
- Service agreement required to be reviewed and signed prior to starting sessions
Note: There are some circumstances when Telecounseling would not be the appropriate approach to therapy. Examples would be in the case of severe depression, substance use, suicidality, or otherwise unstable mood or health condition. In- office treatment would be the appropriate approach in these examples.
Fees for telecounseling are generally the same as for in-office counseling.
For more information, please contact Rima Mickus at (630) 901-1154 or fill out the form below.